We have come to the end of our creative challenge to lift our spirits and spur creativity during coronavirus Shelter-In-Place
Thanks to all of you who joined in the fun, made creative videos and participated in the challenge!
We will let you know when the creative works produced and captured during this challenge will be exhibited. The video below contains a few examples of contributions to date.
May 31st Daily Tapestry Final Submission Day! You can still submit until midnight!
- The prompt for today’s #DailyTapestry Challenge is:
- TIME CAPSULE: find a box (you know you’ve got plenty around right now) have each person (and pet) select something to put inside that is (or is not) meaningful, take a photo of the box with everything inside, close it and seal it. Have everyone write two to three sentences about their choice (truthful, creative or otherwise) and seal them all in an envelope. Don’t forget to write a short sentence for each of the pet’s contributions. DON’T OPEN THEM until the stay at home order is lifted. Then as a group talk about the items and what you each wrote.
- Draw a picture, send a photo, or video and tag it #DailyTapestry
Post your art or thoughts with the #DailyTapestry.
Here is a list of all the Challenge Prompts for May 2020:
- Send us a photo of your fav neighborhood sidewalk art. by Sawsan Wolski
- What fun game is your family playing? by Jennifer Huber
- Escape room challenge by Summer Ellis
- Things we will do better tomorrow! by Vanessa Thomas
- What money can’t buy. by Kathy Young
- What wildlife do you notice now? by Dennis Baker
- A story (or haiku) from your pet’s point of view by Claudia McCormick
- Recreate a scene – movie / work of art using what you have at home by Jamee Sicat
- Create something fun with your family! by La Shawn Butler
- What’s your favorite/ funniest memory of your Mother? by Mayor David Haubert
- Finding the hidden treasures in our storage. by Shweta Agrawal
- What makes the world a better place? by Janet Lockhart
- Clouds by Jennifer Huber
- Read anything good lately? by Dublin Arts Collective
- What is the quirkiest science/nature fact you have learned? by Olga V Mack
- My masked family portrait or selfie. by Jennifer Huber
- Tell us what you are cooking today! by CouncilMember Melissa Hernandez
- Provide inspiration for another: what inspires you? by Jennifer Huber
- Do you have a trophy around your house? by Fatima from The Trophy House
- Tell us your favorite Children’s book by Gina at Destination Baby
- This is tough, but so am I. by Tilden Huber
- My refrigerator (inside) is talking to me: write a story by Tilden Huber
- I am up to my eyeballs in….by Dublin Arts Collective
- What is now a treat that used to be a chore by Jennifer Huber
- Share your humorous quote! by Jennifer Huber
- What new creation /systems have you been inspired to create? by Beth Okurowski
- What has become your favorite gadget? by Dublin Arts Collective
- What 2 items would you take with you into exile? by Dublin Arts Collective
- What passion or hobby have you rediscovered? by Katherine Utsumi
- What is your Quarantine Fashion? by Tilden Huber Incoming DHS Freshman
- Make a Time Capsule by Steve Minniear
Stay up to date with local arts news by becoming a DAC member and following us on social media: